8.23.2011

Introduction

Hey there.

My name is Devin de Lima. I am a transfer student at Kennesaw State University, coming from a smaller private college in Madison, NJ named Fairleigh-Dickinson University. Never heard of it? That's fine. No one has.

I was, however, raised in Woodstock, GA, a few miles north of Kennesaw, so I grew up in this area and went to high school not too far from my current university. I simply moved to New Jersey in hopes of change, and while that is indeed what I got, it didn't necessarily fit my needs anymore after three semesters. This is my first semester at Kennesaw, and I just got done with a semester off, which involved a lot of working and get my feet on solid ground.

I may have been raised in Woodstock, but I was not born there. I was born in Greenwood Lake, NY (never heard of that either? I don't blame you.), where I lived until I was seven before venturing down south due to my father getting a promotion and a transfer. In the end, everything worked out.

I look forward to diving into these readings for the class, and I suppose it's comforting to know that I will not be alone in trying to understand what it is that could be the most important details in these works. Until next time!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

It sounds like you've moved around a lot; I have too. My dad is a pastor, and he used to be a missionary, so we bounced around from Georgia to Tennesee to Germany to the Czech Republic back to Kennesaw to Brunswick (which you've probably never heard of, and that's ok.). I think people who move around a lot look at life differently.

Devin said...

I agree that people can indeed look at life differently because of how their constant exposure to different areas can help them grow as a human being. I've unfortunately never been out of the United States though. I'm jealous of how you lived abroad. I feel like living all up and down the east coast my whole life limits my experiences so much.